Thursday, June 4, 2009

Senate's Out For the Summer

Last night, the Senate voted to adjourn until the fall semester. Congratulations, senators! Mr. President Eli Reilly now has the authority to recess appoint all pending nominations and vacant positions until the Senate reconvenes. And how can you say no to a candidate who has been working all summer? I wonder what that means for the Oversight Committee meeting held last night to consider the nominations of several individuals to multiple offices. I suppose it was sort of held in vain, since the Senate won't be around to consider its recommendations.

And since the Senate is out for the summer, I suppose so will this blog. We'll have sporadic posts, but for now, enjoy your summer break.

3 comments:

  1. Odds this blog will survive the break?
    Odds the nominations will survive the fall?
    Odds everyone will enjoy their summer break with only sporadic posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say below 10 percent, under present management. (That's right kids, I'm growing bored with your naïveté. Of course, now you know you only need to persist until the fall. I don't fret over this, though. I'm sure a couple of you will miss this blog's fine analysis and excellent information.)

    Well, given this development, recess appointments may not happen.

    I'm sure the senators will enjoy not having to deal with this blog, so I'd say better than 80 percent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on, are you guys really going to stop? You must continue for the good of the university! :p

    ReplyDelete