Monday, January 25, 2010

Unity Commission

I’m flabbergasted by the Unity Commission on Diversity. I see Charlie Jose has uploaded an image to Facebook that reads: “BECAUSE ASUN DOESN’T HAVE TO BE SO CUT THROAT AND POLITICAL.” I can’t even imagine what this is supposed to promote. Cut throat and political are not two of the first words that I would use to describe ASUN. Here are, I think, better ones:


  • Wasteful
  • Incompetent
  • Mismanaged
  • Petty
  • Corrupt
  • Pointless
According to the helpfully misnamed ASUN Informed Blog (run by the current speaker Germinia Gracie and not updated since October, 2009) the ASUN Diversity Commission received $6,500 for “projects” which, as far as I can dig up, so far has been limited to reminding people that ASUN Vice Pres. Jose Charlemagne is not a “chink.” I guess in their new campaign they are also trying to break “social stereotypes.”

The stereotype I wish they would break is that student government nerds are useless, self-important, wasteful bureaucrats.

5 comments:

  1. Strange... I could refer some of these bullets back to the blog itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was ever a better explanation why ASUN is irrelevant in the eyes of most students, I'd be hard pressed to find it.

    "i don't know what your complaints are, but given that i have to pay $100 every semester to fund a host of puerile, non-academic events and activities for which i have absolutely no interest, while salaries and positions that i do care about are being reduced and eliminated, i would very much like to give those kiddies a hard time." Oscar Peralta, on this facebook note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous: You are absolutely correct! We waste our time providing helpful insights to how to repair ASUN mistakes (mostly Sean), despite knowing that it’s pointless to do so. I have petty nailed down. I think the labels of “incompetent”,”petty”, and “corrupt” are specific to ASUN.

    Of course, VLEG isn’t managing a 1.4M dollar budget that students are forced to contribute to, so I’d say our sins are of a slightly smaller magnitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doh. Petty is not specific to ASUN. I just called myself that. I meant to say MISMANAGED. So careless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, really, WTF?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete